Are you missing multiple teeth? At Crossroads Family Dentistry, we have an experienced dental team who offers multiple options to give you a smile that you can count on. However, that doesn’t mean that all replacements are created equal. We offer dental implants in Forest to support your restorations and provide unique advantages that you can’t get with other options. Read on to learn more about how me replace multiple teeth and why dental implants are your premier option.
Non-Implant Tooth Replacement Options
We offer a variety of replacement options to ensure that we have solutions for the different needs that our patients have. Here are our non-implant tooth replacement services:
- Crown and bridge: This option can be used to replace one to three teeth. Using dental crowns on either side of the gap attached to your natural teeth for anchors, these crowns are attached to a custom-made prosthetic that replaces the visible portion of your tooth. The result is a smile with restored feel and function.
- Partial dentures: For multiple missing teeth spread throughout your mouth, partial dentures can fill in the gaps like putting together missing pieces to a puzzle. Held in place with clasps or clips, this option can be completely customized to your smile, and it’s made removeable or fixed.
- Full dentures: Are you missing all or most of your teeth? We can use full dentures to replace all of your teeth at once. This gum-colored base attached to artificial teeth uses natural suction to stay in place. Full dentures restore your smile’s appearance and part of your biting and speaking function.
The Dental Implant Process
Once we have determined that you’re a good candidate for dental implants, we will schedule your surgery with a trusted oral surgeon. They will ensure that you’re numb and comfortable before making small incisions in your gums to expose your jawbone. After drilling tiny holes into your jaw, they’ll place your dental implants. You’ll leave their office to let your implants heal for at least 3 to 4 months. This osseointegration process allows the titanium posts to permanently fuse to your jaw for a strong and sturdy implant. Lastly, you’ll come back into our office, where your dentist in Forest will permanently place your restorations, giving you a functioning and aesthetically pleasing replacement.
Benefits of Implant-Retained Dental Prosthetics
Implant-retained prosthetics bring our patients advantages that they won’t receive with other options, including:
- Strength: Dental implants are rooted in the jawbone, allowing you to bite through all of your favorite foods with ease.
- Appearance: Implants allow your restorations to mimic the way that your natural teeth emerge from your gums, giving you a smile that looks and feels like your natural teeth.
- Health: Dental implants are the only replacement option that preserves the health of your jawbone after tooth loss.
- Longevity: With proper care, dental implants themselves can last a lifetime.